Our products are manufactured from two main types of timber; Southern Yellow Pine and Accoya. The sash windows that we replace are almost certain to be softwood, usually European Redwood. It’s very common for original sash windows to have an age of between 80-120 years and these haven’t benefitted from the modern, more durable coatings available today.
With the evolution of timber treatments and maintained paint systems, our replacement windows should easily last as long as their predecessors.
Southern Yellow Pine is practically ‘knotless’ in its appearance and one of the most durable of the softwood species. It machines very well and once finished is moderately stable in service (unlikely to twist and swell etc.)
Here at Elite Sash Windows we understand the need for quality, traditional sash windows that are going to work perfectly well and efficient for 20 years or more. Our windows are bespoke hand crafted by a team of expert craftsmen. Our team have over 30 years’ experience in tailoring windows to the clients and their home. We are proud to continue to be shaping the way homes in Britain look today.
Why choose our windows?
- Bespoke, hand-crafted timber sashes
- Constructed using the original style and design
- Low maintenance and easy to look after
- Save up to 31% on heat loss
- Subtle yet effective double-glazing
- Draught proofing included as standard
Services we offer...
- Recycle your existing box frames, no need for complete replacement
- Repairs to old and damaged sash windows
- Complete box sash windows
- Casement Windows & French Doors
- Security accessories